Focus Sport Merthyr Club Accreditation Scheme is a Local Authority scheme for Clubs, groups and organisations using Local authority Sporting Facilities.
The Scheme aims to:
- Set and improve minimum standards of provision within organisations
- Set standards and develop a consistent approach to welfare, with a commitment to providing the best opportunities possible.
Who Needs Accreditation?
Any club, group or organisation who wishes to use Local Authority sporting facilities on a regular basis needs to be accredited. At present the scheme is optional but from April 2012 it becomes mandatory and without the accreditation facility bookings will not be accepted.
How to gain the Accreditation?
Initially your club, group or organisation must make contact with the Merthyr Tydfil Sports Development Unit. They will then be able to provide you with your own designated officer who will guide you through the process of completing the accreditation pack.
For more information please contact Sports Development on 01685 725408
Fancy £1500 towards your community sport project?
Community Chest offers grant of up to £1500 in any 12 month period for activities that:
- Encourage more people to become more active, more often
- Raises the standards of existing activities
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any group as long as they hold a bank account in the organsiation's name.
Who cannot apply?
Sorry but if you are a member of the public, primary school or associated body arranging activities for children, or secondary school whose part of the 5x60 scheme you are ineligible to apply for a Community Chest grant.
In addition the following activities cannot be funded:
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Existing activities / projects that have already started
- Projects that are considered to be part of an organisation's normal day-to-day running costs
- Projects based outside Wales
Or the following project elements:
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or facilities (however consideration will be given to replace equipment that no longer complies with current legislation)
- Purchase of personal items of equipment
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates or trophies
- Domestic or foreign tours
- One off events with no links to ongoing activities
- Capital projects (projects that involve building or buying land)
- Financial support for individuals
How to apply?
Community Chest is run partnership with the 22 local authorities in Wales so you need to download an application form from the Sport Wales website or contact your local grants officer on 01685 725408 for a pack.