How do I Join the Library?
All you need to do is to visit the library, fill in a simple application form and wait a few minutes while we prepare your card.
Alternatively, you can use the online application form and we will have your card ready for you when you visit the library. You always need proof of identity to collect any library cards retained by us for any reason.
Whichever way you choose to join, you will receive a personal library card with a unique number that allows you access to lending services, our public Internet machines and online information resources available from your work or home computer as part of our "virtual library" service.
Once you have joined Merthyr Tydfil Library Service you can use your card in any one of the three library buildings, or on the two Mobile vans - or all of them, if you wish!
Do not forget you can check what we have available by looking in our online catalogue. You can also log in to your own account, renew what you currently have out, and reserve items that you would like to borrow.
Other Ways to Join
- You can download the Membership Form and post it to us at Merthyr Tydfil Public Library Service, Freepost, Central Library, High Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AF.
- You can also join using an online option via the Related Links section on this page.
Are there any restictions to joining?
- If you live or work in the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil you can join the Library. We just need something with your name and address on.
- If you are under 18 and live alone we need to see some proof of that.
- If you are under 18 and live at home with parents or carers, then someone who is responsible for you will need to act as a guarantor.