Demonstrations and parades - granting of permission  Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council :
Browse online services by letter: A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 
Demonstrations and parades - granting of permission 


If you are planning to hold an event you must get permission from Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council and South Wales Police. An event may require a Temporary Road Closure for the safety of road users. A minimum of six weeks notice is required.


The event organiser is responsible for ensuring consultation is carried out with all interested parties and where the Authority has granted approval for a temporary road closure, the organiser will also need to consider the following points in addition to any specific conditions imposed in relation to a particular street:


  • Pedestrian access to the street.
  • Access for the Emergency Services
  • Event safety
  • Road closure and diversion signage
  • Public liability insurance
  • Vehicular access to private driveways, garages and off-street parking areas


How To Apply


The Parade Application form and Temporary Road Closure Costs are available to the right of this page.  



Alternatively to request Demonstrations/Parades or Temporary Road Closures please use our online request form. 




Rate this Page