If you are planning to hold an event you must get permission from Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council and South Wales Police. An event may require a Temporary Road Closure for the safety of road users. A minimum of six weeks notice is required.
The event organiser is responsible for ensuring consultation is carried out with all interested parties and where the Authority has granted approval for a temporary road closure, the organiser will also need to consider the following points in addition to any specific conditions imposed in relation to a particular street:
- Pedestrian access to the street.
- Access for the Emergency Services
- Event safety
- Road closure and diversion signage
- Public liability insurance
- Vehicular access to private driveways, garages and off-street parking areas
How To Apply
The Parade Application form and Temporary Road Closure Costs are available to the right of this page.
Alternatively to request Demonstrations/Parades or Temporary Road Closures please use our online request form.