Merthyr Tydfil Councillors sign up to the Corporate Customer Charter
Councillors at Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council have signed up to the Corporate Customer Charter in a bid to help us to help you!
The aim of the programme is to make sure that you receive the best possible service Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council has to offer and as a result, the following customer standards have been introduced in order to set out a level of service that you can expect from your Council.
When you use our services...
• Listen to you about improvements we can make to our services.
• Let you know the name of the person you are dealing with.
• Be open and honest with you.
• Use plain English and promote the use of the Welsh language.
• Value and respect the diversity of our customers and try to meet the needs of customers with specific requirements.
• Ensure our staff are trained to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
• Publish our letter, e-mail and telephone response performance on our website.
We will not:
• Always be able to give you what you want; if we cannot we will, where possible, offer you options or alternatives.
• Use unnecessary technical terms or jargon when explaining things to you.
• Accept any form of abuse or discriminatory behaviour against our staff or our customers.
Our aim is to:
• Get things right the first time.
• Work with partner agencies and communities to improve or services.
• Answer all calls promptly.
• Reply to letters and e-mails within 10 working days.
• Make sure we do not disadvantage or discriminate against any of our customers.
• Improve efficiency and service whilst reducing costs.
Make a comment about our services
We want to hear from you about your experiences when you deal with us and receive a good service. Occasionally, though, we get it wrong and we’d also like you to let us know about this so we can improve our services.