From 19th September 2011, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council will empty your grey wheelie bin on a fortnightly basis.
You must use your WOW boxes, food bin and new reusable garden bags for most of your waste but the following items should be put in your wheelie bin:
- Dust from your vacuum cleaner
- Nappies and sanitary products
- Crisp packets, cereal bag packets and any other plastic film type packaging
- Small amounts of animal waste (Please ensure it is double bagged)
- Any other non recyclable household waste.
The following types of waste must not be put in your wheelie bin:
- Recyclable Materials - these should go in your WOW box
- Garden Waste - this must be placed in your garden waste sack
- Food Waste - this must be placed in your blue food bin
- Commercial Waste - please contact us on the number below for further information
- Electrical items - these can be taken to your local HWRC*
- Rubble and soil - small amounts can be taken to the HWRC* - for larger amounts you should hire a skip
- Heavy metal items - i.e. fire extinguishers, bicycle parts - these can be taken to your local HWRC*
- Clinical Waste - please contact us on the number below for further information
- Wood - please take to your local HWRC*
Large Items(Bulky Item Collections)
If you have large items of waste, please complete our online form or call the number below to discuss or arrange a bulky item collection.
"Don’t forget, you still have a weekly collection, we are just asking you to manage your waste so recyclable items are not sent to landfill."
Important Information about your Wheelie Bin
Your grey wheelie bin is collected fortnightly and needs to be put out by
7.00 am on your collection day.
Please note the lid of your Wheelie Bin must be closed, and we will only empty one bin per property, per fortnight. Side waste will not be collected.
If side waste is presented it may lead to further action.
Our crews will return your Wheelie Bin to where it is presented for collection, please remove your Wheelie Bin from the pavement as soon as possible.
Assistance & Guidance
If you need assistance or guidance on how to manage your waste please contact us using the telephone number or email address below.