Online, Saves Time

Make Changes to your Registration

If your circumstances change such as moving home or changing your name, you will need to re-register.

Moving home

If you move home you will need to re-register. Please remember that every person eligible to vote at the property will need to register individually.

Changing your name

If your name changes you will need to complete and sign a change of name form.This cannot be completed online. You will also need to provide a relevant document such as a copy of your marriage certificate, deed poll or amended birth certificate to support the form.

Opting in or out of the open register

There are two registers

  • The electoral register lists the names and addresses of everyone who is registered to vote and is used for electoral purposes.  It is also used for other limited purposes specified in law, such as detecting crime, calling people for jury service and checking credit applications.
  • The open register is an extract of the electoral register and is not used for elections. This list can be bought by any person, company or organisation for marketing purposes. Your name and address will be included in the open register unless you ask for them to be removed.  Removing your details from the open register does not affect your right to vote.

You must be on the electoral register but can decide to opt out of being listed on the open register.

Contact Us

Were you looking for?