Gwaunfarren Primary School Road Safety Information
- Categories : Education , Schools
- 04 Sep 2020
Works have been ongoing at Gwaunfarren Primary School to improve the road safety of the area, with the specific aim of making it safer for children being dropped off and picked up.
To help alleviate road safety concerns during completion of the works, from Monday 7th September the following measures have been put in place:
- A School Crossing Patrol officer will be located on Alexandra Avenue from 8:20am to 9:05am and 2:50pm to 3:30pm daily to ensure a safe crossing point.
- The Chair of the Penydarren Club has kindly given permission for their car park to be used as a ‘Park and Walk’ facility. Gates will be open daily from 8:30am.
If you have no option but to drive your child school you should park in the Penydarren Club and walk along Alexandra Avenue to our School Crossing Patrol Officer, who will ensure a safe crossing point.
Signage will be available to help guide you, as well as local Neighbourhood Police and Council Officers.
At all times, we would also ask parents, residents and those travelling through the area at school times:
- If you can walk your child to school, please do so.
- If you must drive your child to school, please park safely and legally.
- If you usually drive through this area during school times, please – wherever possible – use an alternative route.
Our absolute priority, always, is to keep the children safe.