ERF Restrictions Business Fund
The Welsh Government is making a further package of business support available through the Economic Resilience Fund (ERF). The ERF will provide support in the form of cash grants for businesses, social enterprises and charities and associated supply chain businesses that have experienced a material negative impact as a result of ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. The grants will help meet operating costs (excluding staff wages) for the period 1st May 2021 to 30th June 2021.
Specifically, the ERF will support businesses that are either:
- a) Forced to remain closed or unable to trade by on-going restrictions between 1st July 2021 and 31st August 2021
- b) Exclusive event Space and attractions severely impacted by ongoing social distancing regulations
- c) Other businesses with >60% impact on Turnover as a direct result of ongoing restrictions since 1st of May and were unable to open indoors before the 17th May 2021
- d) A supply chain business that generates 60% or more of its sales revenue from businesses falling into categories a), b) and/or c)
AND (applies to all):
Have experienced a severe impact through reduced turnover of 60% or more in July and August 2021 as compared to July and August 2019 caused directly by on-going COVID-19 restrictions.
The grant will be open to applications from the week commencing the 26th July 2021 and will remain open for a period of 2 weeks.
You are not eligible for this grant if:
- The business generates less than 50% of your income if you are a sole trader or partnership. The business must be your main source of income.
- Your turnover has not reduced by at least 60% compared to the July / August period in 2019 or an equivalent trading period if you started after that date
- You are eligible for support from the Cultural Recovery Fund - Freelancer Support (launched on 17 May 2021).
- You have received funding for costs for the same time period from funds such as the “Be Active Wales Fund” or the “Communities Resilience Fund”.
- The total amount of Covid-19 support grants you have received (including any further award through this discretionary fund) is more than 100% of your turnover for a typical trading year (pre-Covid-19 or estimated without the impact of Covid-19 if your business was established after March 2019).
For further information on this grant please read the Economic Resilience Fund Guidance Document.
The Fund is administered in two parts; support for businesses with a turnover greater that £85,000 will be provided directly by the Welsh Government; support for businesses with a turnover of less than £85,000 is administered by Local Authorities. Turnover levels should be for a normal trading year or an estimate if the business started post March 2020.Businesses with a turnover of over £85,000 should go to https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/.