Online, Saves Time


Further to the Government advice, the Licensing Department wishes to re-iterate that food and drink venues can no longer open for the consumption of food and alcohol. 

It is vitally important in the current COVID-19 situation that everyone takes the social distancing guidance seriously. The Government have advised that some businesses may offer a takeaway or delivery service if they wish to keep trading.

Please find some advice below to assist businesses which may be considering operating in a different format. Should businesses have any further queries, they can contact the Licensing Department on

Q. Do I need a licence for home delivery of food?
A. If the deliveries are taking place between 5am and 11pm, you do not require an extra permission. If you wish to deliver food between 11pm and 5am, you will need to ensure that you have a premises licence which permits late night refreshment for consumption off the premises. Please contact the Licensing Department for further advice.

Q. Can I make deliveries of alcohol?
A. There must be a premises licence in place for the premises from which you wish to dispatch the alcohol. The premises licence must include the off sales of alcohol as a licensable activity. Home deliveries of alcohol need to be controlled in the same way as they are on the premises.

You will need to adhere to your age verification policy when the alcohol is delivered to ensure the person taking ownership of the alcohol is aged over 18.

Training should be given to any person carrying out the delivery of alcohol. We would advise keeping a record of all deliveries.

Some premises licences may already contain specific conditions in relation to the delivery of alcohol, so you are advised to check your individual licences thoroughly before carrying any deliveries out.

Contact Us

A-Z of Services
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P q R S T u V W x Y z