Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council Childcare Provider Grant
Before completing the application form, please view the eligibility checker.
For information on how we will use your personal information that you provide when applying for the Childcare Provider Grant please follow this link:
The purpose of the grant is to support registered childcare businesses with immediate cash flow support to help them with the economic consequences of the Covid-19 outbreak. A grant of up to £5,000 is available to CIW registered childcare businesses that have been affected by the Covid-19 outbreak and seeks to help those childcare businesses which have not been able to access other schemes, It aims to complement other Covid-19 response measures to support businesses, social enterprises and charitable organisations in Wales.
The grant is awarded based on the reduction of net income for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 compared to 1 April to 30 June 2019. Net income will be counted as the deposits/in-goings to the business bank account minus the expenses/outgoings shown on the business bank statement for the period.
Alternatively, if your business started trading on or after 2 April 2019, you may be eligible for a grant of up to £2,500 if you suffered a net loss for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 and meet all of the other criteria listed below. The grant you will receive will be the lower of £2,500 or the actual loss suffered for the period.
Please note that any support you receive or are due to receive from public sources for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020 will be counted as income and must be declared. This will include funding relating to the Childcare Offer for Wales, Coronavirus Childcare Assistance Scheme (C-CAS), Flying Start, Foundation Phase Nursery (FPN), Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) and any financial assistance received from your local authority, such as sustainability and start-up grants (these are separate from the Welsh Government Start-Up Grant scheme).
This grant can only be claimed by businesses that meet the following criteria:
- The business provides childcare;
- The business is registered with Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW);
- Businesses must have been operating in Wales on or before 1 March 2020 and is continuing, or intends to continue operating in Wales;
- Where the business is temporarily closed, the business must undertake to fully re-open on, or before 14; September 2020; or if based on school premises, as soon as the school allows.
- The business has experienced a reduction in net income due to coronavirus during the period 1st April to 30th June 2020 compared to the equivalent period in 2019; or if the business started trading on or after 2 April 2019 and suffered a net loss for the period 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020;
- Business has not received funding from and/or has not successfully applied for Economic Resilience Fund, Business Rate Grant, Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, Welsh Government Start Up Grant, or Third Sector Resilience Fund or, where relevant, the Mudiad Meithrin grant scheme which is funded from the Third Sector Resilience Fund.
- Where applicable, Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) declarations are up to date and copies will be provided with the application;
- Businesses need to confirm that without the grant support the viability of the enterprise will be under threat, and outline why;
- Business must be, or must undertake to become within 12 months, registered as a company limited by guarantee, a private limited company, Community Interest Company or a Charitable Incorporated Organisation. (Cwlwm partners are able to discuss this with you if you are unsure). If you are a childminder and are registered with HMRC as a sole trader then you are exempt from this requirement;
- If you employ staff, your business must aim to maintain employment for 12 months;
- Only one application per businesses.
For further information on this grant please read the Childcare provider Guidance Notes.
If you have read the guidance, confirmed you are eligible for the grant and wish to apply please complete the online application form (https://www.merthyr.gov.uk/media/5927/childcare-provider-grant-application-form.pdf), failure to complete all the requested fields will see applications rejected.
The Childcare Provider Grant is open to applications from the 24th August 2020 until the fund is fully committed. All applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis. This may lead to applications not being appraised after they have been submitted if the fund is fully committed.
The Childcare Provider Grants panel will meet weekly on a Friday, all completed applications received by noon on Wednesday will be considered by the Panel on Friday.
For further information on the Childcare Provider Grant please contact the Early Years team on 01685 727396 or email@example.com