Online, Saves Time

Self Isolation Support Payment

The Covid-19 self-isolation support scheme is ending on 30 June. If you tested positive and had to self-isolate on or before 30 June, and you are eligible for support, you have 21 days to make a claim after your last day of self-isolation

The self-isolation support payment scheme is for people who:

  • Are employed or self-employed and
  • Have tested positive for Covid 19 or have a child who has tested positive for Covid 19 and
  • You cannot work from home and will lose earnings as a result

Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.

Eligibility From 28/03/2022 a £500 self-isolation payment is restricted to people who:

  • have tested positive for COVID 19( including registering a positive LFD result) and have been advised to self-isolate by TTP (this includes the text issued by TTP informing an individual to self-isolate) OR;
  • are a parent or carer of a child and cannot attend the workplace due to caring at home for a child who has tested positive and  has been advised to self-isolate  through TTP  as a positive case. Please note: parents of children who have been notified through the NHS Covid-19 App to self-isolate are not eligible for a payment.

You must also be:

  • employed or self-employed, and;
  • unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
  • (you or your partner) are currently receiving, Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income-based Employment and Support Allowance, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.

In exceptional circumstances you may be entitled to a self-isolation payment of £500, under the Discretionary scheme, if you meet all of criteria above, but:

  • You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit and
  • You will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating. (you will need to provide supporting evidence of this by providing one full months bank statement and any other information that we may require to confirm this)

This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.

An application for a self-isolation payment must be made within 21 days of the end date of your isolation period. Applications made after that date will not be considered.

You will need the following information when submitting your application:

  • National Insurance Number
  • The dates of your isolation period –as notified by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP)
  • Your CAS reference as provided by TTP
  • Your most recent full bank statement (you will need to upload this with your application)

If applicable:

  • Your child’s name
  • Your child’s date of birth
  • Your child’s year group
  • Your child’s CAS reference as provided by TTP
  • The dates of the isolation period due to testing positive-as notified by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect (TTP)

(If you do not have all of these at the time you apply then you will need to send them as soon as possible afterwards-your application will not proceed without them)

You may also be asked for the following to decide your application:

  • Proof of loss of earnings –if we cannot confirm this from HMRC.
  • Proof of your self-employment and the loss of earnings while self-isolating.
  • Proof of financial hardship suffered due to needing to self-isolate-this is required for all discretionary applications. If financial hardship cannot be determined then no payment can be made.

Start Application

For more information on how your personal information is processed please use the following link

Contact Us