Self Isolation Support Payment
The self-isolation support payment scheme is for those who are employed or self-employed, who must self-isolate, or whose children must self-isolate, and who cannot work from home.
If you have the NHS Covid-19 app installed on your phone and are informed to self-isolate, as you may have been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid 19, you may now also qualify for support. Please note this only applies if you have not been fully vaccinated.
For applications from NHS Covid-19 App users, applicants will need to register with the NHS Wales Test, Trace and Protect service before applying.
Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.
For applications received where the start of the self-isolation period is from 07/08/2021.
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect (TTP) on or after 07/08/2021 as an index (positive) case. Only contact cases who are not fully vaccinated will be eligible. (You are fully vaccinated once 14 days has passed from the administration of the second dose of the vaccine) Your vaccination status will be verified by the TTP system.
- Your child has been asked to self-isolate by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect (TTP) on or after 07/08/2021.
- You have received a notification from the NHS Covid 19 app because you have been in close contact with a positive case on or after 1st February 2021 and are then advised by TTP to self-isolate because you are not fully vaccinated and
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
You may be entitled to Self-Isolation Payment of £750 if you meet all of criteria above, but:
- You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit and
- You will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
An application for a self-isolation payment must be made within 21 days of the end date of your isolation period. Applications made after that date will not be considered.
Please ensure that you have the following before starting your application:
- National Insurance Number
- The dates of your isolation period –as notified by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP)
- Your most recent Bank Statement
- Wage slip or proof of self-employment.
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s date of birth
- Your child’s year group
- The dates of the isolation period due to testing positive-as notified by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect (TTP)
(If you do not have these at the time you apply then you will need to send them as soon as possible afterwards-your application will not proceed without them)
For more information on how your personal information is processed please use the following link https://gov.wales/covid-19-self-isolation-support-scheme-privacy-notice