Self Isolation Support Payment
If you meet ALL of the eligibility criteria, you are entitled to a Self-Isolation Payment of £500
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Wales, Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) on or after 23rd October 2020 or
- Your child has been asked to isolate from their school, college or childcare setting on or after 23rd October 2020 (this applies to children up to and including Year 8, or up to age 25 if the learner has multiple and complex needs)
- From 07/06/2021 (effective for any period of isolation from 12/04/2021) children up to Year 11 are included in the above.
- You have been notified by the NHS COVID 19 app to self-isolate on or after 1st February 2021 and
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
You may be entitled to Self-Isolation Payment of £500 if you meet all of criteria above, but:
- You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit and
- You will face financial hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
An application for a self-isolation payment must be made within 21 days of the end date of your isolation period. Applications made after that date will not be considered.
Please ensure that you have the following before starting your application:
- National Insurance Number
- The dates of your isolation period –as notified by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP)
- Your most recent Bank Statement
- Wage slip or proof of self-employment.
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s date of birth
- Your child’s year group
- The letter/ confirmation from the school advising your child to self-isolate
(If you do not have these at the time you apply then you will need to send them as soon as possible afterwards-your application will not proceed without them)
If you have the NHS Covid-19 app installed on your phone and are informed to self-isolate, as you may have been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid 19, you may now also qualify for support.
For applications from NHS Covid-19 App users, applicants will need to register with the NHS Wales Test, Trace and Protect service before applying.
Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.
For more information on how your personal information is processed please use the following link https://gov.wales/covid-19-self-isolation-support-scheme-privacy-notice