Goetre Primary School (NOR 478 FTE)
ISR: L11– L15
Full Time / Permanent
Required for June 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and suitably qualified teacher for the post of Deputy Headteacher of this very successful school. The school has recently expanded to include nursery pupils, which is another step in its exciting school improvement journey, developing all of our pupils into ambitious, capable learners.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic practitioner with the qualities and skills to enable this school to continue to achieve aspirational outcomes for its pupils, moulding them into healthy, confident individuals. We need an excellent primary practitioner and forward thinking leader and manager to assist the Headteacher in building on the school’s successes, leading it into its next phase of development.
The successful applicant will have:
• A proven record of excellent and innovative teaching
• A clear vision of what makes an excellent school
• A proven record of successfully implementing new initiatives
• An excellent understanding of curriculum development
• Be passionate, lead by example, have high expectations of both staff and pupils
• The ability to work collaboratively with the Headteacher in all aspects of the school’s work.
• The ability to work effectively with staff, governors, parents and the wider community.
Our fully committed Governing Body and senior management team will provide support for the successful candidate to work closely with the Headteacher to provide high quality leadership and the best possible education for the hard-working, creative and enterprsing pupils of Goetre Primary School.
• There will be an open morning at the school on Tuesday 12th February at 9.30a.m. (please contact the school in advance)
• Closing date for applications : Monday 18th February at 12:00pm
• Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 21st February
• Lesson observations will be arranged with the shortlisted candidates prior to interviews
• Interviews will take place on Monday 25th March at Goetre Primary School and Tuesday 26th March at The Orbit Centre, CF48 1DL
Previous applicants will be considered as part of the shortlisting process
Goetre Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms can be obtained online at www.merthyr.gov.uk
If you do not have access to the internet, application forms can be obtained by telephoning 01685 725199 and are to be returned no later than 12:00 noon on Monday 18th February to HR Administration, Civic Centre, Castle Street, Merthyr Tydfil, CF47 8AN.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council encourages applications from Welsh speakers. Application forms may be submitted in Welsh and any applications completed in Welsh will not be treated any less favourably than those submitted in English.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is committed to protecting and safeguarding the most vulnerable people in our community. Rigorous pre-employment checks are undertaken for all appointments as part of our recruitment and selection process.
All employees are required to comply with their individual and organisational responsibilities under the Data Protection Act, the Information Security Policy and relevant supporting operational policies. Any matters of a confidential nature must not be disclosed or passed to any unauthorised persons or third party under any circumstance either during or after employment except in the proper course of your employment or as required by law, Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council or both. Any breach of confidentiality may lead to disciplinary action.