Ffos-y-Fran Community Fund
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council administers a Community Fund in respect of royalty payments received by the Council from Merthyr (South Wales) Ltd based on tonnage of coal extracted from the Ffos-y-Fran Land Reclamation Scheme.
It has been agreed by Merthyr (South Wales) Ltd in partnership with Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council that applications for support from the Ffos-y-Fran Community Fund be welcomed from interested parties.
The Community Fund is split into 3 categories:
The Small Grant Scheme
All applications must support local community projects with an educational, environmental or leisure emphasis. The Small Grant Scheme is for applications of £1,000 or under. Application forms can be obtained from the Electoral Ward Division Councillors for your area or by downloading the form at the bottom of this page.
The Intermediate Grant Scheme
All applications must support local community projects with an educational, environmental or leisure emphasis. Applications must be able to demonstrate a proportion of match funding. The Intermediate Grant Scheme is for applications up to £5,000.
An information report is submitted to Council on a 6 monthly basis which contains a list of the successful Small and Intermediate applications.
The Large Grant Scheme
The evaluation criteria required for the Large Grant Scheme is as follows:
- Applications must be strategic in nature complying with both Council and Welsh Government ambitions
- Applications must be able to demonstrate that funding can be used as leverage to attract matched funding sources to at least a 50:50 proportion
- Applications must support local community projects with an educational, environmental or leisure emphasis
- Applications must be for strategic projects within the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil
- Applications must demonstrate the achievement of a lasting legacy for the Community
- No organisation is to be granted additional monies from the Fund within a 12 month period of a previous funding application
Application for the 3 funds can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please contact the Ffos-y-Fran Grants Benefit Fund Coordinator on 01685 725000 or email@example.com for panel dates.