Alcohol advice and support
What are the recommended daily limits for alcohol?
Drinking under the recommended daily limit can reduce the risk of health problems in the future.
- Men should not regularly drink more than 3 - 4 units a day.
- Women should not regularly drink more than 2 - 3 units a day.
You should give your body regular days off from alcohol.
What are units?
Units are a simple way of expressing the quantity of pure alcohol in a drink. The number of units in a drink is based on the size of the drink as well as its alcohol strength.
Where can I get local advice and support to reduce or stop drinking?
- Senior Youth and Community Officer, 01685 727082
- Community Drug & Alcohol Team, 01685 721991
- Drugaid, Richard Broadway, 01685 721991 or Richard.Broadway@drugaidcymru.com