Commercial waste information and advice
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council provides a chargeable trade waste collection service for local businesses. Several different size containers are available to suit the amount of waste generated, these waste containers range in size from a 55 litre stackable box to an 1100 litre container.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council provides a weekly collection service which is billed monthly in advance.
- Paper recycling is to be presented separately from other materials. Paper must be loose and not contained within plastic bags
- Plastic & cans may be presented together. Plastic and cans must be rinsed and loose, no plastic bags
- Cardboard can be bundled or flat packed within a box no larger than 3 cubic feet. To place out for collection you need official Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council Blue and White vinyl sticky tape and place 360 degrees around the bundle, then place out on the specific collection days
- If your business produces glass then a 140 or 240 litre designated glass container can be provided and emptied on a specific glass collection days
- If your business generates food waste on a regular basis Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council can provide you with either a 240 litre or a 23 litre designated food waste container in which you can place special compostable bags containing your food waste (food waste recycling bags can be purchased from Merthyr Tydfil CBC, alternatively you can wrap your food in newspaper). A smaller container will be provided to place in the kitchen to collect the food waste before placing this into the larger food recycling bin
- There are several different container sizes available for your general waste which can be collected at various collection frequencies
It is the Business owner’s responsibility to ensure the bin is kept in a safe and secure place and is not causing a nuisance/hazard to the public. You should not overfill the bin as overspills will not be collected. If you find your business is generating more waste than your bin capacity, please contact us and we can discuss suitable options to resolve this issue.
You will be required to complete a contract and waste transfer note before your service can commence.
If you amend your service, a signed updated waste transfer note must be received by the trade waste officer prior to service change.
Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council can look at your waste stream and advise on trade recycling opportunities.
These services can reduce your waste and collection costs whilst helping your company to become green. In other words, Recycle your Waste to Reduce Costs and Save your Local Environment!
If you have any queries about commercial waste collections with MTCBC please fill in our comments form below.
For information on storage options, collection frequencies and prices please contact The Trade Waste and Recycling Officer on 01685 725138.