Shared Prosperity Fund grants for businesses, sports clubs and community groups opens
- Categories : Press Release
- 15 Jun 2023
Merthyr Tydfil’s businesses, social enterprises, community groups and sports clubs will soon be able to apply for up to £20,000 grant funding.
Applications to the UK Government’s Shared Prosperity Fund will be open from 9am next Wednesday, 21 June, with the applications deadline at 5pm on Friday 7 July.
There are six local grant schemes offering amounts ranging from £500 to £20,000:
- The SPF Tourism Capital Grant, which is aimed at businesses such as accommodation providers - not Air BnBs - and attractions, will fund the purchase of equipment and capital works to buildings. A maximum grant of £15,000 is available, with businesses having to find 30% of the total project cost.
- The SPF Social Economy Capital Grant, for social businesses and community groups, will fund the purchase of equipment and capital works to buildings. A maximum grant of £20,000 is available, with businesses having to find 20% of the total project cost.
- The SPF Community Asset Transfer Capital Support Grant will support Community Asset Transfers (CATs) from Council-owned buildings to social enterprises with building improvements and capital purchases. A 100% maximum grant of £5,000 is available.
- The SPF Sporting Equipment Grant will fund the purchase of sports equipment. Only one club or team can be supported, and we cannot accept applications from a range of age groups within the same club. A 100% maximum grant of £500 available.
- The SPF Private Sector Capital Grants will provide businesses with grant finance with the aim of increasing jobs and visitor numbers and supporting enterprise, diversification and green energy opportunities. The grant is for businesses located in Merthyr Tydfil that have been trading for 12 months or more. A maximum grant of £5,000 is available, with applicants having to find 30% of the total project cost.
- The SPF Business Start-up Grant will help start-up enterprises that are unable to access any other sources of funding set up a full-time business for the first time. The aim is to help eligible new businesses (up to 12 months of trading) develop and grow. A maximum grant of £1,000 is available, with applicants having to find 10% of the total project cost.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The application form will be available on the Council’s website from next week.
- The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus