Stagecoach changes from 29 May
- Categories : Press Release
- 16 May 2022
Stagecoach has informed the Council that some of its services to and from the Merthyr Tydfil Bus Interchange will undergo significant changes from 29 May because of staff shortages.
A number of buses have been cancelled, with other services covering their routes - but there will be an overall reduction. Stagecoach says the changes are unavoidable due to driver shortages, especially in the Merthyr Tydfil area. The company is actively trying to recruit new drivers and will look to reintroduce some or increase frequency in some areas should the situation improve.
Service changes across Merthyr Tydfil and Bargoed include:
- Service X4will no longer run.
- Service T4 will cover all journeys on the X4 route between Merthyr Tydfil and Cardiff.
- Service 78 will cover all journeys on the X4 route between Merthyr Tydfil and Abergavenny.
- Services 78, 79 and 81 will run up to every 15 minutes between Merthyr Tydfil and Troedyrhiw and up to 30 minutes between Merthyr Tydfil and Treharris to improve the reliability of the services.
- Service 2 Merthyr Tydfil - Bargoed will no longer run, with Services 1 and 3 covering all stops on the Service 2 route.
- Services 23, 27, 33, 35 & 38 timetables have been changed to improve reliability.
- Service 25 will run up to every hour.
- Services 78A and 35A will no longer run.
- Service 35A currently extends to Tai'r Twynau every two hours, but this part of the Pant service will no longer operate.
- Service 25 Cefn -Trefechan is being reduced from half-hourly to hourly.
See all timetable changes here: https://t.co/GZpYh0sWyq