Targeted Youth Prevention Support
The Stepping4ward Youth Team work with young people aged 11-25 that may be experiencing emotional wellbeing issues, they also support young people who could be at risk of homelessness.
The team work closely with other professionals in the Youth Service, Social Services, Housing, third sector, secondary schools and Post 16 providers to support the homelessness and health and wellbeing agenda.
The team delivers one to one non-clinical emotional health and wellbeing support to young people. They also provide group sessions around the topic of mental health and emotional wellbeing.
The group work delivery programme covers the following areas:
- Recognising mental health.
- The difference between mental health and mental illness.
- Recognising signs of suicidal thoughts and self-harm.
- Discover support networks for young people struggling with their mental health.
- Develop coping skills and practice mindfulness.
Youth Homelessness Prevention
The team undertake one to one prevention work around youth homelessness and they also deliver a group-based programme using resources from Shelter Cymru.
The groupwork programme is a raising awareness resource for young people aged 11-18 with the aim of reducing future homelessness and housing needs among young people.
It introduces various aspects of housing and homelessness and covers the following learning areas:
- Perceptions and stereotypes.
- Independent living skills.
- Knowing where to refer for support if ever faced with homelessness.
For further information please contact:
Leanne Drew on 07800 708720 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org