Online, Saves Time

Food complaints

The Environmental Health Department investigate any complaints relating to food premises or specific food complaints. If your complaint is about a food establishment outside of Merthyr Tydfil, please contact the relevant local authority.

When making your complaint you should:

  • Retain the uneaten suspect food and foreign object in a covered container. If the food is perishable or is affected by mould place it in a freezer or refrigerator until we can collect it to help delay any further deterioration
  • Retain any packaging you may have, as this will provide important information such as use-by dates and batch codes, which will be needed for the investigation
  • Where possible, retain any receipts of purchase

Please contact us by telephone or at the email address given below to log a complaint. 

Alternatively you can bring your suspect food item into us at the Civic Centre, Castle Street, Merthyr Tydfil. CF47 8AN.  An officer may not always be available to see you, but reception staff will take the details of your complaint and an Environmental Health Officer will get back to you when they become available.


Contact Us