Work Experience at Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
Do you want to gain experience and explore career options?
Are you interested in learning about the wide range of services the Council provides?
Are you interested in working to serve your local community?
If your answer to these questions is ‘yes’ then a work experience placement with the Council may be what you’re looking for!
The Council offers work experience placements to anybody over the age of 14 in a wide range of areas. Whether you are a school, college or university student, looking to get back into work, or considering a change in career, work experience is a chance to gain an insight into the opportunities within the Council.
What are the benefits of a placement with Merthyr Tydfil Council?
A placement with us will help you:
- Gain experience in an area you’re interested in, or get the chance to try something new
- Enhance your CV: having work experience will increase your chances of success when applying for a job
- Build your skills, knowledge and confidence
- Learn about the Council and gain an insight into the public sector
- Meet new people and build networks
What can you expect from us?
- A placement tailored to your needs and interests
- A chance to learn how the Council delivers services to local people
- A valuable experience, with a mixture of shadowing and hands on experience
- A supportive, safe and encouraging environment
To explore which areas of the Council are currently offering work experience opportunities, please see our placements.