Online, Saves Time

Animal Boarding licence

Any person who wishes to carry on a business of providing accommodation for other people’s cats or dogs needs to be licensed under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.  This licence is required for both the traditional kennel environment and for boarding in domestic properties.

To make an application the following documents are required:
• application form;
• public liability insurance;
• plan of the premises.

The application fee depends on whether you are boarding the animals within your home or as a kennels/cattery.  The fee for home boarders is £247.40.  The fee for kennels/catteries is £285.26.  Applications can be made by post or in person at the Civic Centre by making an appointment with the Licensing Department.

Once the full application and fee has been received by the Licensing Department, a licensing inspection will be carried out at the premises with an authorised Veterinary Practitioner.  This inspection is to ensure that all conditions required by this Authority are being met.

Licences will run from the date of issue until 31st December of that calendar year.

Register of Licensed Animal Boarders

Darren James
Royvon Dog Hotels & Training (Merthyr) LTD
Incline Top
Merthyr Tydfil
CF47 0TJ
Tel: 01685 848144

Jarred Harrington-Jones and Gareth Harrington-Jones
Hajdax Pet Services Ltd
Ty Bywyd
1 Dickie Bird Lane
Merthyr Tydfil
CF47 0HQ
Tel: 07852115757 07946608774

Brenda Jones
Centre Barks
7 Heather Court
Quakers Yard
Tel: 07970236009

Janine and Phillip Lewis
Tel: 07817779104

Michael Hope
Superpaws Pet Service
Tel: 07496938230

Lindsey John
Pixies Pet Care
Merthyr Tydfil.
Tel: 07821 353670

If you have any welfare concerns for animals within a boarding establishment or believe a person is trading without a licence, please contact the Licensing Department.