Online, Saves Time

Councillor Code of Conduct

The Localism Act 2011 required all local authorities to adopt a ‘Code of Conduct’ setting out the standards of behaviour expected from local councillors.

The Code of Conduct ensures that all councillors observe the highest standards of behaviours when carrying out their duties.

Code of Conduct for Councillors

The council’s Standards Committee is responsible for considering any complaints that a councillor may have breached the Code of Conduct.

Making a complaint about the conduct of a councillor

If you want to complain that a councillor or co-opted Member of Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council may have failed to comply with the Code of Conduct, please make your complaint in writing to the Monitoring Officer.

You can also make a formal complaint using our complaints procedure or if this is not possible, you can make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman.