Online, Saves Time

Apply for a Van or Trailer Permit

Use this service to apply for a Van or Trailer Permit. 

The Vehicle Registration number will be required when completing the form.

For further information on how to apply for a van permit please, refer to our Household Recycling Centre Guide

The permit scheme is intended to stop the illegal or unfair use of HRCs for the disposal of waste.

Who can apply for a Van or Trailer Permit?

Any resident of Merthyr County Borough can apply.

When do I need to Apply?

Van or Trailer Permits must be applied for in advance of disposing waste at the HRCs.

How to Apply

At the moment permits can only be applied for online, 24 hours a day.

What happens next?

Waste Services will check your request and approve or decline it.

If approved, the HWRC Site Attendants will be advised. 

What do I need to take to the HRC?

You must provide Personal Identification and Proof of Address which will be checked against the Permit by the HRC Site Attendants. Please note that a Driving Licence with a photo will act as both ID and Proof of Address.

The HRC Site Attendants reserve the right to refuse items if they deem them to be unsuitable.

How much does a Permit cost?

Permits are free.

Trade Waste

If you are having work done by a trade person/builder/other private company, you should ensure that a skip is hired to dispose of any waste generated. It is your waste and you are responsible for ensuring the appropriate and legal disposal of it.