Bereavement Advice and Support
Services that provide useful help and advice with dealing with a death:
Cruse Bereavement Care
- General advice and support is available from Cruse Bereavement Care.
- Offers counselling for any bereaved person from 14 years old.
Sands – Still Birth and Neonatal Death Society
- Offers support for parents and families whose baby is stillborn or dies soon after birth)
- The Sands Website offers additional information
Registrar of Births Deaths & Marriages (Merthyr Tydfil)
Tel: (01685) 727333
The Bereavement Register
- Helping to stop unwanted direct mail to the deceased
- The Bereavement Register Website
In the event of a sudden death the Police should be called immediately. They will attend and contact a doctor who will certify the death. The Police will make arrangements with a local undertaker for the body to be removed.
They will then contact the Coroner.
Contact The Coroner
To view listings of inquests and further Coroner details please view the Coroner website.
The National Bereavement Service
The National Bereavement Service helps those in need of support during the difficult time of losing a loved one with services including emotional and legal assistance.