Manage your Council Tax account online
Why manage your account online?
- View up to date account information
- View your previous Bills and Notifications
- Update your Contact Details
- Opt in for Electronic Billing and view them online
- Contact us directly about your account
- Apply for discounts, disregards and exemptions to reduce your Bill
- Tell us you’ve moved
Register for an Online Account
To register for this service you will need:
- Account reference number
- Property Postcode
- A valid email address
- A contact telephone number
Set up a Direct Debit
This is a quick and easy way to pay your council tax. If you choose to pay by Direct Debit, you will be offered three dates on which to make your payment (the 1st, 10th or 20th of the month) and also have the option to pay over 10 or 12 months.
You will need your council tax account number together with your bank details.
You can also:
- Apply for single person discount if you are the only occupier aged over 18 in the property
- Apply for student disregard if you are a student, or you have a student living with you
- Apply for an exemption based on you having a severe mental impairment that has been medically diagnosed or someone that lives with you has
- Apply for an exemption for a dwelling that requires or is undergoing major repairs to render it habitable, or is undergoing structural alteration