Leasing Scheme Wales
Are you a landlord with a property to rent? Have you thought about leasing through your local authority?
Leasing Scheme Wales, The Welsh Government-backed leasing scheme offers guaranteed rental income for between 5 - 20 years. Additional benefits include:
- guaranteed rental income for the period of the lease
- your property returned to you at the end of the lease in the same condition as it was at the beginning of the lease, less fair wear and tear
- all maintenance and repairs managed by the local authority for the term of the lease
- rent equal to Local Housing Allowance rate minus an agreed management fee
- grant of up to £5000 for any improvements that are required to bring the property up to the Welsh Government standards. Or up to £25,000 for empty properties
- tailored tenancy management and ongoing housing support provided by support workers within the local authority. Helping the tenant to maintain their tenancy and the condition of the property.
To find out more, please email HousingGateway@merthyr.gov.uk