Online, Saves Time


Use this service to report an obstruction on the highway. 

It is an offence to obstruct the free passage of the highway. Obstructions are objects which have been placed on or which overhang the highway.

Such obstructions are given by examples below:

  • unauthorised builders' skips
  • unauthorised scaffolding/hoardings
  • Caravans on adopted highways
  • builders materials
  • unauthorised temporary works including traffic lights
  • unlawful overhanging tree branches, hedges
  • unlawful mud/Debris on the road
  • unlawful mixing concrete/mortar on the highway
  • unauthorised vendors/traders
  • unlawful encroachment of highway boundaries
  • unlawful discharge of water onto the highway
  • unlawful blocking 'Rights of Way'
  • unlawful plants and Bushes
  • unlawful illegal Signs

Encroachments are where ownership of areas of the highway has been unlawfully assumed.

If a person without lawful authority or excuse in any way wilfully obstructs the free passage along a highway, they are guilty of an offence. In such cases the Highway Authority has legal powers to enforce their removal.

Vehicle on the highway - if your issue is concerning vehicles obstructing the highway, your issue should be initially directed to the South Wales Police by phoning 101.