Online, Saves Time

Permanent Road Closure

The Highways Act 1980 and Town and Country Planning Act 1990 allow the Council to permanently close roads.

Section 116 of The Highways Act 1980 allows for the Stopping Up at the Magistrates Court of a Highway provided they are satisfied it is unnecessary, or can be diverted so as to make it nearer or more commodious to the public.

An applicant will need to request the Council to apply to the Magistrates Court for an Order.

Section 247 of The Town and Country Planning Act 1990. This is the Stopping Up by Welsh Government of a Highway to enable development to be carried out.


Request for Permanent Road Closure

For any requests regarding a Permanent Road Closure, please use our online request form.

Road Safety and Traffic Management Form




Contact Us


A-Z of Services
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P q R S T u V W x Y z