Flood Risk Management
Flooding remains a key threat to communities across Wales and managing this risk through careful planning is important to minimise the risk to communities. Flood risk management planning allows Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA's) to develop a better understanding of risk from all sources of flooding and agree priorities to manage that risk.
MTCBC's Flood risk management plan has been developed with this in mind and sets out how Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council (MTCBC) will, over the next 6 years, manage flood risk in the communities most at risk and to maximise the environmental benefit. In doing so, the Flood risk management plan takes forward the objectives and actions set out in our Local Flood Risk Management Strategy (LFRMS).
Flood Risk Management Documents
- Local Flood Risk Management Strategy - Summary
- Local Flood Risk Management Strategy (LFRMS)
- Preliminary Flood Risk Assessment Report (PFRA)
- PFRA phase 1 review questionnaire - Addendum
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) - Non technical summary
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA
- Flood Risk Management Plan 2015
- Flood Risk Management Plan (Summary)
- Flood Risk Management Plan reporting data to the European Union (Summary)
- Flood Risk Management Plan reporting data to the European Union (Objectives)