Online, Saves Time

Report street furniture

Use this service to report damaged or missing street furniture.

Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council is responsible for the provision and maintenance of street furniture including the following:

  • most illuminated and non-illuminated signs and bollards
  • traffic lights and variable message signs
  • highway fencing
  • guard railings and walls (but not privately owned)
  • barrier
  • salt bin
  • traffic counter boxes
  • roadside seat
  • street name signs
  • bus shelters

Other Departments within the Authority also have powers to place certain items on the highway. Items which could cause an obstruction or a hazard, whether permanent or temporary, also require consent by obtaining a licence from the County Borough Council. These items include:

  • litter and dog bins
  • roadside seats
  • planters and baskets
  • noticeboards

The provision of new or replacement street furniture represents an opportunity for local authorities to define and enhance the historic character of a conservation area. Inappropriate street furniture and a proliferation of signs and general clutter detract from the character of a conservation area.

Were you looking for?