Request a bulky item collection
Use this service to request a bulky item collection.
Our bulky item collection service is available for items that you are unable to recycle or dispose of in your wheelie bin.
Bulky Collection - if your item is classed as reusable please leave the item/s inside your property.
Reuse - we are now working in partnership with Furniture Revival to reuse as many items of furniture as possible. Initially we will ask if your item is reusable, we will then advise of the most suitable place to leave your item.
Payment for collections
We charge £15.00 for a bulky collection and will collect up to 3 items.
Items we collect
- Bed frame
- Bedroom furniture
- Children’s Toys
- Computer Monitor
- DVD player
- Hi-fi equipment
- Internal Door
- Light/Small Garden furniture
- Tumble dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine
Additional costs will be incurred for the following - please contact us on 01685 725000 to arrange a collection
- Garden Shed
- Green Houses
- Pianos (broken and bundled)
- Kitchen Units (broken and bundled)
- Bathroom Suite (no tiles accepted)
- Filing Cabinets
What happens after a collection is booked?
- Items need to be left outside the property by 7 a.m. on the day of collection but no sooner than the night before. Any items left out sooner than the night before the collection will be treated as FLY-TIPPING and you may face enforcement action as a result
- We can only collect the items that were recorded when the request was made
- Additional items will be left at the property
- If your item(s) are not collected for any reason (such as inclement weather or vehicle breakdown) we will attempt to contact you using the contact details provided to us when making the request
- Every effort will be made to collect on the next working day
The minimum charge for this service is £15 even if you only need one item collected. The cost is designed to recover all manpower, vehicle and administration costs for collection together with disposal and landfill tax costs.
Refunds for cancellations
Refunds can only be processed if a request is received by Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council more than 2 working days prior to the scheduled collection.
You can also take bulky items to your local Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC). Please note you will need a permit if you are using a van to visit the HWRC.
Other ways you can dispose of bulky items
There are a number of ways that residents can dispose of bulky or other re-usable household items:
- donating to a local charity, the local community voluntary sector or local second hand shops
- selling items through free ads
- giving items to friends or relatives
- use a private waste disposal company
- hire a skip from a private contractor
Remember... Fly-tipping is a crime which carries a fixed fine at Magistrates Court and possible imprisonment, and, an unlimited fine at Crown Court.