Request a Bulky Item Collection
Our bulky item collection service is available for items that you are unable to recycle or dispose of in your wheelie bin.
Reuse - we are now working in partnership with Furniture Revival to reuse as many items of furniture as possible. Initially we will ask if your item is reusable, we will then advise of the most suitable place to leave your item.
Payment for collections
We charge £18.97 for a bulky collection and will collect up to 3 items.
If our crews attend the property and there are not items on site a request for another collection will need to be made. An additional charge of £18.97 will be made.
Items we collect
- Air conditioner unit
- Bath (plastic)
- Bathroom Sink
- Bed frame
- Bedroom furniture
- Children’s Toys
- Computer Monitor
- Curtain rails
- Dehumidifier unit
- DVD player
- Electric fire
- Electronic organ
- Exercise equipment
- Fire SURROUND
- Hi-fi equipment
- Internal Door
- Ironing board
- Kitchen unit doors only**
- Kitchen Work top (4ft max)
- Laminate flooring***
- Lamps and lights
- Light/Small Garden furniture
- Power tools
- PVC Door Frame****
- PVC Door - All glass will need to be removed from the door prior to collection****
- Rotary line
- Satellite dish
- Sewing machine
- Shed Door*
- Shed Panel*
- Shed Roof*
- Shower doors
- Shower tray
- Trampolines (dismantled)
- Tumble dryer
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine
- Window Frame - The window frame cannot contain glass at the time of collection****
*Please note if you wish for us to collect a shed then all relevant panels will need to be selected from the drop down list so the correct price can be charged.
**5 Kitchen doors will be classed as one bulky item. IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN FIVE KITCHEN UNIT DOORS PLEASE SELECT THE OPTION FROM THE DROP DOWN AGAIN.
***Laminate floor (one room equals 1 item)
****Please note one PVC door equals one item, one PVC door frame equals one item and one window frame equals one item. Please select appropriately from the drop down list so that the correct price can be applied.
Additional costs will be incurred for the following - please contact us on 01685 725000 to arrange a collection
- Green Houses
- Pianos (broken and bundled)
- Filing Cabinets
What happens after a collection is booked?
- Items need to be left outside the property by 7 a.m. on the day of collection but no sooner than the night before. Any items left out sooner than the night before the collection will be treated as FLY-TIPPING and you may face enforcement action as a result
- We can only collect the items that were recorded when the request was made
- Additional items will be left at the property
- If your item(s) are not collected for any reason (such as inclement weather or vehicle breakdown) we will attempt to contact you using the contact details provided to us when making the request
- Every effort will be made to collect on the next working day
The minimum charge for this service is £18.97 even if you only need one item collected. The cost is designed to recover all manpower, vehicle and administration costs for collection.
Refunds for cancellations
Refunds can only be processed if a request is received by Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council more than 2 working days prior to the scheduled collection.
You can also take bulky items to your local Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC). Please note you will need a permit if you are using a van to visit the HWRC.
Other ways you can dispose of bulky items
There are a number of ways that residents can dispose of bulky or other re-usable household items:
- donating to a local charity, the local community voluntary sector or local second hand shops
- selling items through free ads
- giving items to friends or relatives
- use a private waste disposal company
- hire a skip from a private contractor
Remember... Fly-tipping is a crime which carries a fixed fine at Magistrates Court and possible imprisonment, and, an unlimited fine at Crown Court.