Supporting the independence of adults and children with physical disabilities, we work in partnership with other organisations to provide a range of services to support adults with physical disabilities, along with the people who provide care for them.
We aim to help those who use our services to live a fulfilling, independent life in their community.
We have teams of social workers and Community Occupational Therapists who can/will assess your needs. Depending on your needs, we can help with things like:
- Provision of aids and equipment, that will help with everyday tasks
- Home care which provides personal care and assistance with independent living
- Support from our Reablement team to help you to return home safely following a stay in hospital or to learn or relearn basic living skills
- Providing disabled car badges, to help with parking
- Meals on Wheels which is available to people who would find it difficult to make themselves a cooked lunch
- Lifeline, an alarm system that can provide the necessary support or help at the touch of a button
- The Telecare service that uses electronic monitors to ensure that service users are safe in their own home environment
- Providing advice about moving into a care home or special needs housing if the problems of living at home are too difficult to overcome
Adult Duty Officer
Keir Hardie Health Park
Telephone: 01685 725000
8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Thursday
8.30am - 4.30pm Friday